HCC Accelerate • Cybersecurity and Wire Fraud Awareness
CYBERSECURITY AND WIRE FRAUD AWARENESS | EP. 7
DESCRIPTION: Dive into a critical and relevant topic on the Hollywood Chamber's Accelerate, where we shed light on the pressing issue of Cybersecurity and Wire Fraud. With expertise from the fraud department at City National Bank and first-hand insights from the LAPD's cybersecurity team, you're guaranteed an eye-opening experience.
- The All-Encompassing Threat: Understand that every business, regardless of size, is a target for cyber threats, and small to midsize businesses are especially vulnerable.
- Shared Responsibility: While network security is essential, 59% of U.S. SMBs lack a robust contingency plan to combat data breaches. It's not just about protection; it's about preparation.
- Pervasive Cyber Threats: From servers and desktops to mobile platforms and the vast "Internet of Things," the threats are everywhere. Uncover the various tactics like malware attacks, ransomware, virtual kidnapping, wire transfer fraud, and manipulative social engineering schemes.
- Asset Identification & Protection: Ascertain your company's pivotal assets and data. From employee awareness training to best practices like Positive Pay, strong passwords, and two-factor authentication, delve deep into the myriad ways to defend your business.
- Response & Recovery: In the unfortunate event of a cyberattack, know the steps to take. From having a robust response procedure to developing a continuity plan, be ready to spring into action. Understand the multifaceted costs of breaches, from legal ramifications to brand reputation, and ensure you're armed to mitigate the fallout.
- Takeaways & Resources: Walk away with actionable advice – from establishing continuity plans and continuing education for team members to securing your internet connection.
Tune in, stay informed, and fortify your defenses. The digital world awaits, and it's essential to be prepared!
SPEAKERS • CITY NATIONAL BANK
Elizabeth Acosta has been in the banking industry for over 20 years. Currently, in her role as Vice President, Financial Crimes Compliance Supervisor at City National Bank, Elizabeth has knowledge and experience in banking operations and financial crimes, which includes BSA and Fraud investigations. Elizabeth manages a team of five Investigators whom conduct internal and external investigations for CNB. Fraud cases involve all spectrums, from ID theft to investment fraud. Elizabeth earned her bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice at California State University, Fullerton, and is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
Ethy Vallejo is the Vice President and Treasury Management Sales Officer at City National Bank. Ethy has over 25 years of banking experience, spending the last 15 years helping small to medium-sized businesses understand how to optimize their cash flow by effectively using banking products and services.