Hollywood Chamber Accelerate Brought to you by City National Bank
EPISODE TITLE: SBA Financing and Access to Capital
SPEAKER: Mark Morales
SPEAKER BIO: Mark Morales is a Vice President of Community Reinvestment at City National Bank. Mark has over 20 years of business banking experience and specializes in SBA financing and loan programs for diverse-owned businesses. Mark has been assisting with the supplier diversity efforts at the bank with programming, sponsorship, and attending conferences nationwide. Mark has been recognized with the SBA Los Angeles District Office - 2016 Financial Services Champion of the Year, the California Department of Insurance - 2018 Insurance Diversity Trailblazer, the City National Bank 2020/2021 Community Involvement Awards, the Southern California Minority Supplier Diversity Council - 2022 Leadership Excellence Award and the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) - 2022 Global Citizen Award. Mark is also the Co-owner of Charles Jacobsen, Inc., an importer of antique furniture and accessories from Asia, which is a Certified LGBT Business Enterprise.
Mark currently serves the community as:
- Chair of the Diversity Task Force for the California Department of Insurance
- Small Business Employer Advisory Committee (SBEAC) for the State of California Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Board of Directors – Long Beach LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce
- Community Advisory Panel for Southern California Edison
- Leadership Council for the Los Angeles Business Council
- Board of Advisors for Equality California
- President Emeritus for the Los Angeles LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce
His experience as a business owner, a community leader, a diversity advocate, an industry representative, and a commercial lender gives him a unique perspective in all of his endeavors.