Hollywood Education and Literacy Project (H.E.L.P.)
- Organizations - Social Service / Youth
The Hollywood Education & Literacy Project is a nonprofit,
charitable organization established in 1997.
For over 20 years, HELP has serviced the local Hollywood community and has helped students from every level-illiterate, far below grade level, or just falling behind. We do not believe that medication is the solution to poor academic performance.
Our mission is to eradicate illiteracy and empower the individual to become a competent, independent learner and so succeed in life.
The H.E.L.P. tutoring and mentoring program begins with testing and assessment to establish comprehension, reading and math level. Students then receive a comprehensive personal interview to determine which subjects they find difficult or which they dislike and, consequently, which subjects or areas need to be addressed.
From there our students receive one-on-one and group tutoring sessions based on their individual programs to start them on their road to success.
- Each participant is toured and oriented through the facility explaining the different facets of the program.
- We are dedicated to providing ongoing one-on-one tutoring and mentoring for children, their families.
- The H.E.L.P. Tutoring program begins with a free assessment and testing to develop a program at the correct gradient.
- H.E.L.P. offers tutoring in reading, math; courses in communication, study skills and is looking for volunteers.
- There’s nothing more gratifying than seeing the lightbulb come on when our students have an “ah-ha!” moment.
We are west of Hollywood and Vine.