Chamber Foundation Assists the Community and Presents $9K in Grants to Local Organizations
“These grants are a direct financial investment and ongoing commitment by our local business community in support of Hollywood’s non-profits, arts organizations, youth services and underserved populations,” said Beth Marlis, Chair of the Community Foundation for the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. “It’s an honor to support their efforts and our community through our Foundation’s grant-making program,” continued Marlis. “We awarded $9,000 in grants to nine organizations. I’m extremely proud of and inspired by the incredible work that our diverse community non-profits do on a daily basis.”
Marlis presented the checks to the following local non-profits all for the benefit of the community:
- Hollywood Fringe Festival for festival expenses;
- Theatre West for transportation costs of students to and from Theatre West for Award Storybook Theatre;
- Assistance League for Operation School Bell, to provide school uniforms to impoverished children in LAUSD Schools;
- Hollywood High Alumni for scholarship program;
- Blind Children’s Center for its educational preschool through second grade Literacy Program;
- Hollygrove for its Endless Summer 2016-17 program;
- Fountain Theatre for its Educational Outreach Program;
- Streetlights for the purchase of classroom books; and
- Ronald McDonald House for Family Tree Program which give support to families and their sick children.
These grants are aimed to make a direct impact within these community organizations. This year for example, Theatre West used the grant to fund a field trips to their Storybook Theatre's “The Princess And The Frog.” “Each one of our field trip generates the same feeling from the children and the teachers: Joy! Thank you for all you do to help us continue impacting the community,” said John Gallogly, Executive Director of Theatre West
These grants are the Chamber Foundation’s first installment of the year when the organization presents checks. The Foundation hopes to present another set of grants again later this year. The Foundation accepts grant applications twice a year with the deadlines at the end of May and end of October.
Hollywood Chamber Community Foundation – http://www.hollywoodchamber.net/foundation
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation is an organization within the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce that promotes outreach and the well-being of the non-profit organizations within the community. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation achieves its goal by awarding grants to support and advance the educational, cultural and economic interests of the Hollywood community. The Foundation is unique because, as part of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, it illustrates the success of a business advocacy group giving financial assistance to the community that it serves, namely the charities that are members of the Hollywood Chamber.